My name is Glen Rhodes. I’m one of those people who just does a lot of different things. I am comfortable with both a technology and creativity. As a result, I enjoy techno-creative things like Game Development, and music composition using computers and the latest sound libraries.
- A big fan of Unity 3D and game development.
- Unreal Engine developer.
- Developer and partial TD at Secret Location.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality developer.
- An ARKit enthusiast and experimenter.
- A Game programmer, writing games in Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Flash, C, C++, C#, VB, and well at this point, whatever I dig my teeth into. I have developed games for many clients, which you can see a small portion of under the Client Work heading above.
- A music producer, composer, pianist, performer and just about everything music. I started out when I was four or five. Many years later, I wrote music music for the Oprah Winfrey show, for the show’s last 5 seasons.
- Ultimately, doing what I love. I’ve been making games since I was about 11, and professionally since I was 19, with my first game job creating games for the Sony Playstation.
- I’ve also written or co-written about a dozen Flash books; most of them on game programming, and a few on Flash in general.
- I’ve written several magazine articles for various magazines such as Web Designer, Practical Web Projects and more.
- I’ve spoken at several Flash conferences in various parts of the world. On many things to do with Flash; mostly game related.
- I’m a proud father of a son and a daughter.
That’s an absurdly brief summary of my life so far, and I like to believe none of that defines who I am. Those are all just labels.